The frenzy of the summer real estate market has cooled by the seemingly very same breeze sweeping leaves off the trees across much of the country. But now may be a better time than ever for your buyer clients to do their house hunting.
According to RealtyTrac and realtor.com®, October is the best time to snag a deal on a house.RealtyTracanalyzed more than 32 million sales of single-family homes and condos between 2000 and 2015, finding that those who purchased in October paid 2.6 percent below the average estimated full market value for their property. Oct. 8, specifically, seems to offer the best deals for buyers with an average 10.8 percent discount.
If your buyers need more reason to start or continue their home search this fall, here are five additional reasons to shop for a home now fromLindsay Szwed, an agent with RE/MAX Suburban in the Chicago area.
1. Less focus on landscaping.While the spring and summer bring green grass and plant life, fall may actually allow buyers to concentrate on the condition of a home’s exterior better, Szwed says. “Viewing houses in the fall, you can spot exterior flaws and even landscaping problems, setting you up to deal with these issues before you buy the house.”
2. The pressure is off.Less competition from other buyers who are pressed by deadlines, such as the start of the school year, means a stress-free pace for your clients.
3. Agents have more time.Since you’re likely juggling fewer buyer clients, those who are home shopping will get more of your undivided attention, Szwed says.
4. Better deals.Those who are selling in the fall likely have personal deadlines they’d like to meet, such as relocating for a job. Sometimes, sellers are more willing to lower their asking price than they would be during the summer months, she notes.
5. Fewer bidding wars.By taking advantage of the seasonal hiatus by other buyers, there’s less chance that your clients will be outbid by someone else.
EXIT Real Estate Partners was founded in September of 2007 when we recognized the benefits of EXIT Real Estate Corp. International.
EXIT Real Estate Partners is a full service Real Estate Company dedicated to quality service for their clients' needs. This website is provided to assist you in becoming a better informed buyer and seller of Real Estate. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call our office or contact us by email, we will get back to you promptly!
It’s that time again for another blog about home maintenance.
"Andy and I wanted to thank you again for a great job! You were so helpful and easy to work with, not to mention so on top of things, it really helped us out and made this process of buying a house go smoothly. Also, thank you so much for the basket full of really useful things and goodies. Thomas loves the ball and truck. I can't think of one thing we have not already used (especially the gift card to Home Depot!). Just wanted you to know that what you did for us, definitely did not go unnoticed